Skip To Main Content

Permits and Licenses

Personnel who work directly with public school students in the State of Ohio must hold a valid credential. The type of credential required is based on job responsibilities. Available Ohio educator credentials are listed below and linked to applicable information about applying for, renewing, extending and advancing a credential.

To apply for or renew a permit or license, you need to have an active OH|IDaccount

How to Create an OH|ID Account (Replaces SAFE)

Access the OH|ID Portal


Permit and License Types

Educational Aide Permit

Student Monitor Permit

Pupil Activity Permit


Resident Educator License

Extend or Advance

5-Year Professional License

Pupil Services License

Alternative License

Supplemental License

Temporary Military Science License


Permit & License Costs

1-year aide/monitor permit $25

3-year pupil activity permit $45

4-year aide/monitor permit $100


Resident educator license $160

1-year RE extension, $40

5-year professional license $200

Each additional area, $20