The district asks that parents reinforce with their children the importance of obeying the bus rules. Such rules ensure the safety and welfare of all young riders. If a child repeatedly violates these rules, thus jeopardizing everyone's safety, the student may ultimately be denied the privilege of riding the bus. Thus, parent support for behaving appropriately in transit is essential.
- Observe same conduct on the bus as in the classroom.
- When boarding, go directly to your seat.
- Bus driver has the option to assign seats.
- Be courteous and refrain from use of profane language.
- Students must remain seated, keeping aisles clear at all times.
- Do not eat, drink or chew gum on the bus.
- Students are not permitted to use tobacco, alcohol, drugs, etc.
- Refrain from throwing objects on, from or into the bus.
- Keep bus clean.
- Do not be destructive.
- Keep head, hands and feet inside the bus.
- Keep talking at conversation level.
- Cooperate with the bus driver.
- Cross the street on driver’s signal only. Wait at the driver’s designated place of safety until bus has departed.
- When interior bus lights are on, please be quiet. The bus is approaching railroad tracks or the driver needs to give instructions to students.
- Electronics are for your personal use ONLY.