Green Local Schools values the opportunity to provide public school mentoring experiences for pre-service educators and service providers in the form of student teaching placements, classroom observations, internships and other short- and long-term options for practical field experiences in our classrooms and school buildings. As a result of our continued commitment to collaborating with our partner colleges of education in the region, the following definitions and guidelines have been developed in an effort to make placement of pre-service teachers and service providers as effective as possible.
Definitions and Guidelines
Classroom/Clinical Observation: This includes experiences during which the pre-service educator will be observing the learning environment but will have minimal interaction with students. A BCI background check is required of pre-service educators wishing to complete classroom or clinical observations in Green Local Schools.
- Either the pre-service educator or a representative from the college of education may request placement using the form at the following link: http://www.greenlocalschools.org/ClassroomObservation1.aspx
- Green Local Schools will notify the requestor of conditional placement if space is available in a classroom appropriate to the grade level and content area in which the pre-service teacher wishes to observe.
- Upon conditional approval, the student will be responsible for submitting BCI fingerprint documentation to the Office of Human Resources (address below).
- Upon receipt of fingerprint documentation, Green Local Schools will finalize placement and notify the requestor.
Field Experience: This includes experiences during which the pre-service educator or intern will be interacting with students and/or facilitating learning on a regular basis to fulfill the requirements of becoming a licensed educator or service provider in the state of Ohio. Field experience includes student teaching, micro-teaching, internship or practicum. Both BCI and FBI background checks are required of pre-service educators wishing to complete field experience or internships in Green Local Schools. For more information regarding background checks, including WebCheck locations, please visit the Green Local Schools employment website.
- Personnel from the college of education or related university department should request placement using the form at the following link: http://www.greenlocalschools.org/StudentTeachingInternshipClinical.aspx. Students making requests of Green Local Schools on their own behalf will be directed to their college or university office of field experience.
- Green Local Schools will notify the college office of field experience of conditional placement if space is available in a classroom or environment appropriate to the grade level and content area in which the pre-service teacher or practitioner is seeking licensure.
- Upon conditional approval, the student will be responsible for submitting BCI and FBI fingerprint documentation to the Office of Human Resources (address below).
- Upon receipt of fingerprint documentation, Green Local Schools will finalize placement and notify the college/university office of field experience.
Throughout the placement process, we welcome your questions and invite you to contact our office via telephone (330-896-7584), fax or email. All fingerprint documentation and student biographical information may be submitted via fax, email or U.S. Mail.
Green Local Schools
Office of Human Resources
PO Box 218
Green, OH 44232