Greenwood Early Learning Center
2250 Graybill Road
P.O. Box 218
Green, Ohio 44232
A Parent Mentor is the parent of a child with a disability employed by a local education agency to help school districts and families by providing training, support, and information services.
Districts have a responsibility to develop, support and implement a system of education services for all students.
It is the mission of the Ohio Parent Mentors to provide the necessary support and resources to families of children with disabilities and the professionals that serve them.
No Cost Services
Ohio Parent Mentor projects are funded through grants from the Ohio Department of Education (ODE). All Parent Mentor services are provided to families free of charge.
- Guide families through the special education process, including rights and responsibilities.
- Listen and provide support to families and educators on an individual basis.
- Provide information and resources to families and school personnel on education laws, district programs and services, and community resources.
- Attend Individualized Education Program meetings and other meetings at parent or staff request.
- Organize and conduct information sessions or workshops based on the needs of families and professionals.
- Build collaborative partnerships between families, schools and committees to benefit students with disabilities.