The Senior Exam Exemption policy for the Class of 2017 will be discussed during the Senior Class meeting during 2nd period on Friday, January 6, 2017. Please read through this information carefully, and see Mr. Bridenthal if you have any questions.
CLASS OF 2017
SENIOR EXAM EXEMPTION REQUIREMENTS
The following criteria must be met for the second semester, beginning Monday, January 9, 2017 in order for a senior to choose to opt out of taking semester exams. Seniors are not permitted to be exempt from AP exams, which are a requirement for the class. ALL CRITERIA LISTED BELOW MUST BE MET!
EXAM EXEMPTION CRITERIA
- Tardies and absences are NOT TO EXCEED A TOTAL OF 7 for the semester. Loss of the exam exemption occurs with #8.
- Truancies – None permitted
- Flicks - None permitted
- ISS/AEP/OSS/Friday School/Office detention – None permitted
- NO Office Discipline Referrals – this includes Academic Intervention for missing assignments.
- To be eligible for the exam exemption students must ATTEND AND APPROPRIATELY PARTICIPATE in Senior Payback Day on May 17th.
- The senior must have a passing grade for both the 3rd and the 4th grading period to be eligible for exam exemption.
If there are extenuating circumstances (ie, extended illness or a hospital stay), the student must appeal to Mr. Bridenthal no later than May 12th, 2017 if he/she hopes to be able to be exempt from any exams.
LAST REGULAR DAY FOR SENIORS: WEDNESDAY, May 17th, 2017 (Senior Payback Day)
EXAM DAYS: THURSDAY, MAY 18th, 2017 (Periods 5-9, BLOCKS C & D)
** Full day attendance is required
FRIDAY, MAY 19th, 2017 (Periods 1-4, BLOCKS A & B)
** Students will be dismissed following last exam
**NO EXAMS WILL BE GIVEN EARLIER THAN SCHEDULED; FAILURE TO TAKE EXAMS WILL RESULT IN THE LOSS OF CREDIT FOR THE COURSE.