|Vice President||Cindy Rooney |
Parent Teacher Student Association (PTSA)
The Green High School PTSA invites you to become a member and work together as an active organization that continues tobuild upon the great foundation provided by the other PTA and PTSAs in Green.PTSA is an advocacy group for children at the local, state and national levels.Membership is open year-round. A PTSA differs from a PTA in that students are members of our organization. Student members are offered opportunities to volunteer and gain service hours at various activities within the Green schools and community.
Increasing communication between school and home as well as school and community is an important goal of the GHS PTSA. A collaborative newsletter between the GHS administration and teachers and the PTSA will be posted and archived on the Green High School's web site after each publication.
Other established programs of our GHS PTSA include:
- "Reflections"-- a National PTA cultural arts competition
- Multiple Scholarships awarded to graduating seniors
- Beautification Project to enhance our high school community
- Special luncheon honoring the entire administration, teachers, and staff during National Teacher Appreciation Week
- Spring Banquet, in conjunction with the Green Council of PTAs, to recognize recipients of GHS's Friends of Children, Helping Hands, and the Outstanding Educator Awards.
- Gary Geis Make a Difference Grant where students can submit applications (not to exceed $500) for a program, activity, or item that will benefit the Green High School community.
- Parent-to-Parent Conversations for Eighth and Ninth Grade Parents about what they and their students might expect in high school
The PTSA supports the parents, students,teachers and staff as needed. We welcome ideas for other projects to be considered by the PTSA.
Meetings are held on Fridays. Near all meetings begin at 9:00 a.m. in the classroom off of the GHS library and last approximately an hour and a half. Typically, at least one member of the GHS Administration is present. Remember to sign in the visitors' notebook in the GHS office.
2018 Meeting Dates: January 19, February 16, March 16, April 20, and May 18.