Good nutrition and learning go hand in hand. The Green Local School Food Service Department is dedicated to students’ health, well-being, and their ability to learn. We support learning by promoting healthy habits for lifelong nutrition and fitness practices.
Negative Balance Food Service Policy
The Food Service Department is required to monitor, maintain and manage existing accounts, as well as collect existing balances.
If a student’s account reaches $5.00 or below:
- Grades PreK – 3 = A friendly “food service sticker” reminder will be placed in agenda books.
- Grades 4 – 8 = Account balance slips will be given to student at register.
- Grades 9 – 12 = No charges are permitted when account is zero or a negative balance.
If a student’s account reaches a negative balance:
· Grades PreK – 8= A negative balance notification letter will be sent to student’s homerooms on Wednesday’s from the building food service office. Families will also be notified via email.
If a student’s account reaches ( - $15.00):
· Grades PreK – 8 = A negative balance notification letter will be sent to student’s homeroom on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Families will be notified via email from the district’s central office.
· Any student with a negative $15.00 or greater balance will receive an alternative breakfast and/or lunch until balance is paid in full.
Students are not permitted to purchase a la carte items if they have an outstanding negative balance.
As a courtesy to our families, Green Local Schools allows students to participate in a prepaid debit system for all breakfasts, lunches and snacks. The EZ Pay system in not a charge account; students must have money in their account or pay with cash at time of purchase.
Prepayments (cash or paper check) may be sent to school with your child. Checks should be made payable to Green Local Schools. Please include your student’s name and ID number. If siblings attend different schools, a separate check must be written for each student.
EZ Pay is convenient and easy to use. Families are encouraged to use the pre-paid system. Money may be added to a student’s food service account, on- line, at any time. Once enrolled with the EZ Pay system, email notifications and reminders will be sent when accounts drop below a predetermined amount.
If you would like to restrict or limit purchases on your child’s account for breakfast, lunch or snacks, please contact the Food Service Department.
Please take advantage of the options to prepay your student’s meal accounts. Prompt payment of negative balances is appreciated.